Editing Blog: fixing transitions and duration



After I finished filming all of the clips I headed inside to insert them onto open shot. Once all the clips were inserted I placed them in the correct order of how they take place in the commercial. I had to cut some of the videos down because the transitions weren't smooth. Once this was done and all the transitions were smooth and correct I faced another problem, the length of the video. I tried to cut down the videos as much as I could but they were still 5 to 10 seconds too long. I headed back outside, in the field to refilm some of the more lengthy clips. I did several takes of all of my clips to make them as short as possible. Once I updated open shot with the new clips and fixed the transitions accordingly. The clips were still too long so I had to decide what was necessary and which parts weren't so I could shorten the commercial. After doing so I went back outside to film and of course I didn't include the unnecessary parts. After I did this and placed the clips into open shot and edited them I realized the video was now too short. I did multiple retakes to try to get my clips a little longer, I even told my actors to talk slower. When I added them into open shot they still didn't meet the required time. I used some of the old clips when the commercial was too long and that solved my duration problem. Now that i had the correct duration for the commercial I moved on to reediting the transitions. Due to my multiple attempts and constantly taking and replacing the clips, the transitions were off. So I moved the clips around and did my best to smooth out the transitions. I saved it and watched it so that I could see it from the viewers perspective. After doing so I noticed a few minor things that popped out to me like some of the transitions weren't as smooth as I thought. I then had to go back and fix these minor yet major problems. In the end my commercial came along just right and it met all of the requirements while also being entertaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Short Film

Genre Research - Final Choice

Genres choices