Critical Reflection Questions for Music Video

 


How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?

My music video is of an RnB song, you can you usually see people dancing in these or they most definitely have a storyline where something good then bad happens. In my music video I utilized this accordingly by having my storyline be about a lost dog who is found and returned safely to the owner. In RnB music videos people are also lip syncing the song,  this is one of a few conventions I didn't use. In this video the actors do not interact with the song at all besides the fact that it ends in the owner being happy. Another convention is that men in these type of videos are seen shirtless, I did not use this seeing that it is inappropriate and would have no use within my project and what I was aiming for. The product depicts a little boy who is playing with his puppy, he gets distracted and the puppy runs away. He is saddened and then looks around with a kind person who decided to help (a baby) and is eventually reunited with the puppy. The issue depicted here is how we as people tend to get distracted in technology and miss out on or mess up wonderful moments with the real world. Being caught up into your phone can lead to all kinds of problems like car crashes but in this case it led to a young boy losing his puppy.

How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?

I added two particular slides that were in the beginning and middle of the music video. One being the title so that the audience could know what song they were listening too and the second was in the middle, it said a few moments later indicating that some time had passed and this engages the audience because it is meant as comical. My video would be put on YouTube for people to see it. It could also be placed onto Instagram or another social media platform that is used by a lot of people.

How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

My production skills have increased dramatically thanks to this project. I've learned how to plan for the worst like the Wi-Fi not working or my actors having to reschedule. I learned that it's good to be prepared and have back up plans but also be flexible because everything will fall into place. Different shots and angles help you to set the mood and convey your message way better then just taking the video from one angle and not showing other perspectives of the scenes. It's ok to bend your plan in order for your project to be where it needs to be like when I had to add the two black slides with words and commentary on them, that was not apart of the plan but it needed to be done.

How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

I used google to the research on the conventions of my the type or genre of the song I used for my music video. I also used google to get to YouTube so I could find the song, and screen record it onto my phone. My phone was a big part of the production of the music video, I utilized my phone to record the actual music video, to screen record the music and also to edit the music video. I also had to upload it onto my computer and edit it on there because I needed to fix a few things. My computer is also where I uploaded the video onto YouTube so I could embed it into blogger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Short Film

Genre Research - Final Choice

Genres choices