Blog: Creative Critical Reflection Questions


 How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? 
In one scene the woman drinks the water and once she finishes it she throws it onto the grass. This is then followed a few more scenes and on the scene with a baby adding a form of pathos because it's a baby and the baby is saying 'drink water minus littering". I also added pictures of the water and another picture with a glass of water saying "drink your water". These both are giving viewers messages to take action: to not liter and to drink water.
How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?
One of the actors was a person running which could be relatable to a lot of the audience. The runner then had to stop and take a break which give the audience a sense of realism. Another actor was spider man, who hands the woman a bottle of water. Spider Man is a known super hero so this alone would engage the audience. I also had a baby at the end holding one of the water bottles. This would engage the audience by having "aww" effect.
How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
Throughout and after this project my skills in production have improved greatly. At the beginning of this project I was doubting myself and not knowing where to start. Then when I sat and thought about it I decided to do a water bottle commercial. The storyline simply came to me because it made sense to imbed ethos and pathos into my commercial. I learned to plan everything out including the actors, the storyline, where the actors fall into the storyline and how this would help advertise my product. I also learned the importance of having a set schedule that's fit for everyone necessary for the production of the video. I acquired better skills with my actual filming techniques, like I now know how to do a pan shot and use different angles. I now know how to edit much better then I did before this project and how to include music that not only sets the mood but matches the storyline of the commercial.
How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
I used my phone to record the commercial and then I emailed it to myself. I then used an editing app to fix the transitions and add music to the video. I used google to find music that uplifting and fun to make the commercial that much more engaging. I also used google to find pictures of my product so I could add this to the commercial along with a message saying "drink your water" I edited these into my commercial by using the editing app and imbedded it onto blogger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Short Film

Genre Research - Final Choice

Genres choices